Technical Excellence for Placement
Excellent placement record with an average placement of 89%
- Data Science and Analytics
- Machine Learning and Soft Computing
Technology Enhanced Pedagogy
Every year, Free and Open Source Software for Education (FOSSE) workshops are conducted for the students of IT department. We offer spoken tutorial workshops, online assessments in LINUX, C/ C++, Java, MySQL/PHP, Python etc. The students who complete the course and examination successfully get digital certificate from IIT Bombay. The students are also encouraged to join MOOC courses leading them to understand & think out of the box.
IT ScReW :- IT Students’ Creative Resource Enrichment Window
- Technical talks on latest developments in IT, Entrepreneur activities, Craft- work, Literature, Dance, Music, Acting, Sports & Yoga
- Technical workshops on latest trends for interdisciplinary branches under IEEE Students’ Chapter.
- Nature Club: Intended to enhance our understanding about the interactions between human beings and the environment.
- Walk and Talk : To explore nature, fun & build healthy relationship.
Technical Excellence for Placement
- Supports Profile Preparation, Aptitude Training (via Moodle Software & Google cloud environment), Mock Interviews, Group Discussions & Core Technical Subject Preparation.
- Training in Personality Development, Communication Skills, Time Management & Presentation Skills.
The Department of IT took initiative to share knowledge for the transformation of individual under the Waves of Mango tree planted in front of the department.It provides a platform for the students and mentors to uphold & bridge the gap between the academia & industry culture. The session is conducted every week for an hour. The students are given opportunity to unleash their ideas & talents.
The Department of Information Technology follows a continuous system of personality and conduct appraisal and mentoring where 15 to 20 students are mentored by a faculty member, each semester. The progress of each student is monitored under a set of desirable and observable personality and character traits.
Additional Minor courses
- PC Hardware Training
- Advanced C programming & Java Programming
- Linux Administration
- Web development using PHP
- Mobile Application Development in Android platform
- MySQL & Firebase realtime database
- Scholarships based on academic background
- Counselling: Faculty mentors for academic, and professionals for nonacademic matters.
- Department Library
- Women’s Cell
- Alumni Interaction Cell
- Quality Assurance Cell
IT Incubation @ AJCE : Startups Valley TBI
The Department of IT has launched a research and innovations company named Leopard Tech Labs Pvt Ltd under Startups Valley TBI - AJCE, approved, supported and promoted by Department of science and Technology, Govt of India. The company recruits bright students as part-time employees from second year onwards. The students of IT department can do their projects in the real time environment and get vast exposure during their course.
- RedHat Certifications (RHCSA & RHCE) with the support of Department of Computer Applications.
- CCNA certification course.
- Support NPTEL & Coursera Certification courses during non-academic hours.
Research and Development
- Provide in-house research support for technical projects in the area of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Soft Computing, Cryptography and Network Security.
- Funded Projects : Opportunity to work on live govt. and non-govt. projects.
IT Association is meant for the students of IT for their growth and development; it conducts in-house technical, management and ethical events. Societal empowerments like women’s day celebrations, orphanage visit, monetary support to poor patient, blood donation & celebrations including Onam, Christmas, welcome for freshers, farewell for final years etc are also conducted by the association.
More on Programming Languages
An exclusive aptitude training programme in Python & C language is conducted. The laboratories are kept open beyond the working hours for doing practice on basic languages. The department offers three tiers of C programming classes- Beginner: Entry-level courses focus on the language’s capacities, functions, and limitations. Intermediate: Students get hands-on with C. Experienced: Advanced courses to develop real time applications.
Digital India Week
The vision of Digital India Week focuses on inclusive growth in areas of electronic services, products, manufacturing and job opportunities etc. Every year, the Department conducts sessions to impart digital empowerment among the students.
The Spoken Tutorial Project began with the funding from the National Mission on Education through ICT of the MHRD. The department has contributed a tutorial on “CGPA Grading System” in digital divide track and “Java interface, static variables, methods & blocks” in Java Programming track. Since its inception, altogether around 256 students were trained by the department.
- Machine Learning Lab
- Data Science Engineering Lab
- Networking Lab
- Programming & Internet Lab